Tampa Truck Accident Attorney
Understanding Truck Accidents
While all types of accidents are dangerous, truck accidents can be particularly devastating. They can cause more extensive injuries and can be more complex in nature. Understanding how truck accidents occur and how they differ from car crashes is crucial when dealing with a truck accident case. If you have been in a truck accident, you need a knowledgeable and experienced lawyer who understands these types of accidents.
Truck Accidents Differ From Car Accidents
Due to their large size, trucks cause more damage and more extensive injuries than cars. Truck accident cases are also much more complex than car accidents and can involve multiple parties including the driver of the truck, the truck company, or the manufacturer. An experienced truck accident attorney understands how each of these parties may be responsible for your accident and will hold them accountable.
Specific Causes – Truck Accidents
Like car accidents, truck accidents can be caused by numerous things from driver distraction to driver error. However, truck accidents have numerous causes that are specific to driving big trucks.
- Tired Driving: Tired driving is more likely for commercial truck drivers because they work long hours. This can lead to slowed reaction time and falling asleep while driving. Furthermore, while hours of operation are strictly regulated by the Department of Transportation, truck drivers do not always follow these regulations.
- Improper Loading: Drivers who do not properly load cargo risk having the cargo shift while their truck is in motion. This can cause the truck to jackknife, meaning the truck’s trailer swings to a 90-degree angle and the commercial driver loses control of the truck.
- Improper Maintenance: When drivers do not properly maintain their large trucks, this can lead to tire blowouts, brake failure and other mechanical issues that can cause major accidents.
- Wide Turns: When large trucks need to make turns, many times they make very wide turns to compensate for the size of the truck. Often they get too close to cars when making these turns and the smaller vehicle gets crushed between the commercial truck and the curb.
- Blind Spots: Large commercial vehicles have blind spots, making it impossible for truck drivers to see smaller cars on the road. When trucks change lanes and do not see cars in their blind spot, devastating accidents can occur.
Contact an Experienced Truck Accident Lawyer in Tampa
If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident in Tampa, contact the Capaz Law Firm. We understand truck accidents and will thoroughly review your case to determine who is at fault and hold them accountable. We want you to get the compensation you deserve to recover from your accident. Call (813) 440-2700 for your free consultation.
Million Dollar Advocates Forum ®
Dereck Capaz is a proud member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. The Million Dollar Advocates Forum is one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States.
Dereck Capaz was selected for inclusion and named in the 2009 – 2015 editions of Florida Super Lawyers.
AV® Preeminent™ Rated
Dereck Capaz has earned the AV-Preeminent Rating for legal proficiency and ethical standards from Martindale-Hubbell and lawyers.com.