Celebrating Cinco de Mayo in Tampa
Are you heading out to celebrate Cinco de Mayo in Tampa? While we hope you enjoy the fesitivies, the Capaz Law Firm urges you and your friends to arrive home safely. The Florida Highway Patrol is launching its “Buzzed Driving is Drunk Driving” safety campaign and reminding drivers of the following tips to celebrate safely:
- Before you drink the first cerveza, designate a sober driver.
- Remember to eat and drink water.
- If you are the designated driver, do not drink.
- If you are impaired or do not have a designated driver, call a taxi or Uber or a sober friend or family member to make sure you get home.
- If you see an intoxicated driver on the road, contact local law enforcement or dial *FHP (*347).
AAA’s Free Tow Service in Tampa
AAA’s free “Tow-to-Go” service is active for Cinco de Mayo. Regardless of whether you are a AAA member or not, you may call (855) 2-TOW-2-GO or (855) 286-9246 for a free Tow-to-Go ride anytime from Thursday, May 5 through 6:00 a.m. on Friday, May 6. AAA will transport you and your vehicle to your house or someplace safe within a 10-mile radius.
Since 1998, Tow to Go has helped to prevent more than 24,000 impaired drivers from being on the road. The confidential service is designed to be used as a last resort and is offered based upon the availability of service technicians and tow trucks at the time of the call. Thus, it is imperative that you plan ahead and designate a sober driver.
Tampa Auto Accident Attorneys | Capaz Law Firm
The lawyers at Tampa’s Capaz Law Firm wish you a safe, happy and fun Cinco de Mayo!