Protecting Your Loved Ones: Signs of a Drunk Driver
Tampa Drunk Driving Accident Attorneys
It is unfortunate but not all drivers make smart decisions after consuming alcohol. A drunk driver may be on the road at any time and on any day. The auto accident lawyers at Tampa’s Capaz Law Firm want to remind you to remain vigilant and alert when traveling on our roadways and to watch for signs of impaired or intoxicated driving by other drivers.
Common Signs of an Intoxicated Driver
Here is a list of common drunk-driving behaviors, which may help to protect you and your loved ones from being involved in an accident with a drunk driver:
- Erratic braking or stopping
- Swerving, weaving or zig-zagging across the road
- Colliding with any objects, curbs, parked vehicles, mailboxes, etc.
- Quick acceleration or deceleration
- Tailgating (following other vehicles too closely)
- Straddling the center line, or drifting in and out of the traffic lanes
- Driving below the speed limit
- Inappropriate or inconsistent use of signals
- Abrupt or illegal turns
- Failing to use headlights while driving at night
- Driving on the wrong side of the road
Drunk drivers are a hazard to themselves and everyone else in their path. If you spot a potential drunk driver, stay away and do not attempt to pass that vehicle or to signal the driver to pull over. Instead, you should pull over and call 911 to report the potential intoxicated driver. If able, provide the license plate number, car details (make, model and color), as well as the exact location of the vehicle. Lastly, it is important to allow law enforcement to handle the drunk driver.
Capaz Law Firm | Representing Injured Victims of Drunk Drivers
If you or someone you know has been injured in a drunk driving accident, you should contact the personal injury attorneys of the Capaz Law Firm. Our car accident lawyers will meet with you to discuss the necessary steps to pursuing a claim to receive the maximum amount of compensation for you injuries and any other damages. Contact our Tampa office today at 813-440-2700.