Tampa Medical Malpractice Attorney
When you are sick or injured, you trust medical professionals to provide you with at least the normal standard of care in diagnosing and treating your medical condition. However, sometimes medical professionals make mistakes that lead to the injury or death of a patient. When this happens, you have a right to pursue damages from the medical professional with a medical malpractice lawsuit.
If your nurse, doctor, surgeon, dentist, psychiatrist, hospital or other health care provider has not provided you with the accepted standard of care for their profession, call the Capaz Law Firm.
Common Medical Malpractice Cases
Typical forms of medical malpractice and negligence occur when medical professionals:
- Treat the wrong patient
- Operate on the wrong body part
- Leave surgical instruments inside a patient’s body after surgery
- Cause infection due to poor hand washing before surgery
- Cause birth injuries
- Cause brain injuries
- Administer an improper dosage of anesthesia causing a patient to wake during surgery
- Falsely pose as licensed physicians and provide improper medical care
- Fail to properly remove a chest tube, resulting in air bubbles in the blood
- Fail to properly supervise patients with dementia
- Fail to properly inform patients about risks from medical procedures and prescription drug use
- Prescribe the wrong medications
- Misdiagnose a patient or diagnose a patient too late
- Neglect or abuse nursing home residents
Contact a Tampa Medical Malpractice Attorney Now
Due to Florida’s statute of limitations for medical malpractice lawsuits, it’s important to file your claim as soon as possible. You have a limited amount of time to make your claim after the negligent injury is discovered. If you or a loved one has suffered injury or death due to the negligence of your health care provider, contact a medical malpractice lawyer at the Capaz Law Firm. Call (813) 440-2700 for your free consultation.
Million Dollar Advocates Forum ®
Dereck Capaz is a proud member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. The Million Dollar Advocates Forum is one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States.
Dereck Capaz was selected for inclusion and named in the 2009 – 2015 editions of Florida Super Lawyers.
AV® Preeminent™ Rated
Dereck Capaz has earned the AV-Preeminent Rating for legal proficiency and ethical standards from Martindale-Hubbell and lawyers.com.