Tampa Insurance Disputes Attorney
Representing Policyholders in Tampa and Throughout Florida
When you purchase an insurance policy, you are entering into a contract with your insurance company. You pay for the peace of mind that if you become sick or injured, or if your property becomes damaged, the insurance company will compensate you. However, sometimes insurance companies will deny a legitimate insurance claim or pay less than a fair amount. If you are currently in a dispute with your insurance company, or your insurance company has denied or undervalued your claim, call the Capaz Law Firm. We can help you get the compensation you are owed under your insurance policy.
Why Legitimate Insurance Claims are Denied
The main reason valid insurance claims are denied is simple: the less money insurance companies pay to policyholders, the more profit they make. Therefore, it is in the insurance company’s best interest to pay as little as possible, even if it means denying a valid insurance claim without a legitimate reason. Insurance companies have developed several ways to do this.
- Some insurance companies will routinely deny claims knowing that most policyholders will not go through the trouble of taking legal action against them. This is one way insurance companies increase profits at your expense.
- Another trick is to look for incorrect information submitted by policyholders. Insurance companies will use this as a phony reason for denying your claim.
- Some companies will manipulate or creatively interpret the language in your policy in a way that allows them to deny your claim. Policies are often written to include confusing loopholes and exclusions that the insurance company can later use against you.
- Sometimes an insurance company may drag out the claims process in order to put financial strain on the policyholder. This puts some policyholders in a bind and makes them more receptive to accepting an inadequate payment.
- When your claim is denied or undervalued, the insurance company may claim that there was material misrepresentation in the policy, the policyholder made a late payment causing a lapse in coverage, or that the damage or injury on your claim falls outside of the scope of your policy’s coverage.
Insurance claims attorney Dereck Capaz has extensive experience in helping clients recover compensation from wrongfully denied insurance claims. If you believe your insurance company has falsely denied your claim, or has undervalued your claim, it’s in your best interest to pursue legal action to get the compensation you deserve.
Common Insurance Claims Disputes
- Health insurance claims
- Life insurance claims
- Disability insurance claims
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) claims
- Car insurance coverage
- Personal insurance protection – PIP
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Homeowners and business property losses
- Hurricane, wind, fire, flood or sinkhole damage claims
- Unfair claims handling and insurance bad faith
- Professional liability coverage
- Errors & omissions coverage (E&O)
Contact a Tampa Insurance Claims Attorney
If you believe you are being treated unfairly by your insurance company, contact a Tampa insurance claims attorney at the Capaz Law Firm. We will review your case and help you deal with your insurance company. We believe insurance companies should honor their policies and we will fight to get you the fair compensation you are owed. Call (813) 440-2700 for your free consultation.
Million Dollar Advocates Forum ®
Dereck Capaz is a proud member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. The Million Dollar Advocates Forum is one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States.
Dereck Capaz was selected for inclusion and named in the 2009 – 2015 editions of Florida Super Lawyers.
AV® Preeminent™ Rated
Dereck Capaz has earned the AV-Preeminent Rating for legal proficiency and ethical standards from Martindale-Hubbell and lawyers.com.