Causes of Truck Accidents
While all accidents are dangerous, truck accidents can be much more devastating. They can cause more significant injuries and are often more complex in nature. Understanding how semi accidents and truck accidents occur and how they differ from car accidents is essential. If you’ve been in a semi accident or truck accident in Tampa, or a surrounding county, you need an experienced and knowledgeable attorney who understands the complexities of these types of accidents.
Large Truck Accidents Differ From Car Accidents
Due to their large size, trucks cause more damage and more significant injuries than cars. Truck accident cases are also more complex than car accident cases and can involve multiple parties including the truck driver, the trucking company, or the truck manufacturer. An experienced truck accident attorney understands how each of these parties may be responsible for your accident and can hold them accountable.
Causes of Truck Accidents
Like car accidents, truck accidents can result from a wide variety of causes from distraction to driver error. However, truck crashes have several causes that are more specific to driving large trucks.
- Tired Driving: Driver hours are strictly regulated; however, truck drivers don’t always follow these regulations. Driver fatigue is more likely for truck drivers because they work long hours. This can lead to a slowed reaction time and falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Improper Loading: When drivers do not properly load cargo, it can shift in the trailer while being transported and can cause the truck to jackknife, causing the driver to lose control of the truck.
- Improper Maintenance: When drivers fail to properly maintain their trucks, this can lead to brake failure and tire blowouts, resulting in serious accidents.
- Sharp Turns: When semi trucks and commercial trucks turn, they often make very wide turns to compensate for the large size of the truck and trailer. Sometimes they get too close to smaller cars when making these turns and the car gets crushed between the tractor trailer and the curb.
- Blind Spots: Commercial vehicles have large blind spots, making it difficult for semi truck drivers to see other cars on the road. When large commercial trucks change lanes and do not see other cars in their blind spot, accidents can occur.
Contact an Experienced Tampa Truck Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been involved in a commercial vehicle or truck accident in Tampa, contact the Capaz Law Firm. We understand truck accidents and will thoroughly review your case to determine who is responsible and hold them accountable. We want you to get the compensation you deserve to recover from your accident. Call (813) 440-2700 for your free consultation.
Million Dollar Advocates Forum ®
Dereck Capaz is a proud member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. The Million Dollar Advocates Forum is one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States.Learn more
Dereck Capaz was selected for inclusion and named in the 2009 – 2015 editions of Florida Super Lawyers.Learn more
Truck AccidentsVIEW RESOURCE CENTER
Request your FREE case evaluation today.
Complete the form below for a FREE case evaluation from our experienced team at the Capaz Law Firm.