Bicycle Crash, Now What?
Tampa Bicycle Accident Lawyers
Despite having all the privileges, rights and responsibilities as any other motor vehicle operator, bicyclists remain vulnerable on the roads. Bicycle crashes happen even when the rules of the road are followed. Thus, it is important for bicyclists to be aware of certain actions to take in the event of being involved in a bike crash.
Tips for Bicyclists after a Bike Crash
If you have been injured in a bicycle crash in Tampa, the accident lawyers of Capaz Law Firm recommend that you attempt to remain calm, evaluate any injuries and damage, and take the following steps:
- Get off the road. It is important to prevent any further damage.
- Call 911 and wait for the police. It is important to file a crash report, even if you don’t feel injured. The police will interview all involved parties and any witnesses, conduct a crash investigation and analysis and potentially issue a traffic citation to the at-fault party. Crash reports can be useful when attempting to settle a claim with an insurance company.
- Record driver’s contact information. Be sure to collect the driver’s name, address, phone number, insurance company and policy information. Additionally, take note of the driver’s car make, model and year, as well as the vehicle license plate number.
- Locate and collect all witness contact information. If the bicycle crash occurred near any businesses, it is possible that someone witnessed the crash and/or that the business has surveillance footage.
- Take photographs and notes regarding the details of the accident. It is important to document the condition of your bike, your injuries, and the other vehicle. Additionally, take photographs of the accident scene to document traffic signals and signs, street conditions, lighting conditions, any potential visual obstructions.
- Avoid liability discussions with the other driver. Furthermore, do not negotiate with the driver.
- If needed, accept or seek medical attention for your injuries.
Capaz Law Firm: Bicycle Accident Injury Attorneys
Bicycle crashes can be traumatic for everyone involved. If you have been involved in a bike crash and have suffered injuries as a result of the accident, contact an experienced Tampa bicycle accident attorney. Call Capaz Law Firm at 813-440-2700 to discuss your rights today.