Florida Bicycle Accident Attorney
At first glance, Florida seems like an amazing place for bicyclists. There are many sunny days, warm weather, and beautiful scenery. However, Florida’s cyclists face the ever-present threat of being hit and catastrophically or even fatally injured by negligent drivers. If you were hurt in such a wreck, contact a bicycle accident lawyer for guidance.
You may be entitled to compensation for healthcare costs, lost income, and other damages. Call us today at 813-440-2700 to schedule your free case evaluation.
Common Injuries Sustained in Bicycle Accidents
Bicycle accident victims can suffer many different types of injuries. Some will heal in only a few weeks or months; others may never recover fully. No matter the injuries, if you were hurt in a crash that someone else caused, you should turn to a bicycle accident lawyer for representation.
Common injuries in these cases include:
- Broken bones are quite common in bicycle accidents. Human bones are strong but frequently can’t withstand the forces they are placed under in such an accident. Treatment for broken bones depends on the type of bone, the type of break, and its severity. Surgery, physical therapy, and pain control medications are common.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) occur when the brain is placed under extreme force, causing harm to the delicate brain tissues. Some victims will have a mild concussion and recover within a few days. Others may have lasting impairments and never be the same again. Wearing an approved helmet can help decrease the chances and severity of this type of injury. Still, it won’t guarantee that victims won’t receive a head injury.
- Spinal cord injuries (SCI) can lead to temporary or permanent paralysis below the area of injury. Such an injury may result in victims being unable to provide basic care for themselves or make a living for their families. Their lifelong medical bills will likely be exorbitant.
- Soft tissue injuries, such as whiplash, are common. Even though they typically heal on their own, they can be quite painful and take several weeks or months to heal completely.
If you think your injuries are minor, it’s still essential to seek care from a licensed medical provider and the services of a Florida bicycle accident lawyer.
The Importance of Seeing a Doctor Early
After an injury accident, it’s essential that victims seek medical care as soon as possible. Even if they don’t feel like they are hurt, they should still get checked out by a doctor. Sometimes adrenaline after an accident can hide the symptoms of injuries, making victims feel as if they are fine. However, it’s in their best medical and legal interests to receive a medical examination and pursue any recommended treatment. If they don’t, their injuries could become severe or even life-threatening, and their legal claim may be compromised.
Hire a Florida Bicycle Accident Attorney
At Capaz Law Firm, we know you have a choice in personal injury lawyers after being involved in a bicycle accident. It’s crucial to note that not all personal injury attorneys are the same. Our firm is different and trustworthy because:
- You can reach us by phone 24/7
- We provide free consultations
- We don’t charge any fees unless you win your case
- Our Florida bicycle accident lawyers have extensive experience in settlement negotiations and litigation
- We are seasoned trial attorneys
- We have decades of combined legal practice experience
- Our firm has access to well-credentialed medical, financial, and accident reconstruction experts to help your claim succeed
If you are ready to get the legal help you deserve in your time of need, call our office today at 813-440-2700 or send us an email through our online contact form. We look forward to scheduling your complimentary consultation and learning more about how we can help you.
Million Dollar Advocates Forum ®
Dereck Capaz is a proud member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. The Million Dollar Advocates Forum is one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States.Learn more
Dereck Capaz was selected for inclusion and named in the 2009 – 2015 editions of Florida Super Lawyers.Learn more
Request your FREE case evaluation today.
Complete the form below for a FREE case evaluation from our experienced team at the Capaz Law Firm.